Malta Camping Gear endeavour to make sure all our customers are happy with their purchase and we do this by being confident that the products we retail are of the highest quality and are from reputable suppliers. There are few occasions however, when there will be a need to return an item.
Please read carefully our returns policy as laid out below.
Once your order has arrived please check the product/s within 24 hrs in an indoor and clean environment.
This stage must be completed before making any attempt to use outdoors or to pitch tents, awnings etc.This will ensure that items that need to be returned are still in good condition above enything else, it will also ensure that your camping holiday will not be spoilt!
Once you have reached the stage that you have decided a product needs to be returned please read & complete(where necessary)1-6 of our requirements below:
1. All items returned for any reason should be accompanied by a completed Returns Form, kindly send an email to our customer service to send you a form in PDF format. A copy of the reciept need to be submitted with the returns form. We reserve the right to not process any returns if the above documentation is not received with the returned products - this is for identification purposes.
2. Any items that are to be returned must be in their original packaging with no signs of use, dirt, animal hair or damage. We reserve the right to either charge a re-stocking fee of 20% of the price paid for the product or offer a credit note for the paid price in full. This is due to having to resell an unpackaged, marked or used product or having to utilise the item as a display model.
3. All Items must be securely and safely packaged in original packaging for the journey back to us, as insufficiently packaged goods may become damaged in transit. We reserve the right to refuse to accept delivery of such items, or to reduce the level of refund of your return to cover such damage.
4. We recommend that you use a signed for or tracked service to return items, as we cannot be responsible for items lost or damaged in transit.
5. Customers are responsible for the cost of return postage. For faulty items, the cost of postage is refundable, on confirmation that the returned item is faulty due to a manufacturing issue or to the failure of significant components or parts. However, we will bear the cost of putting right any mistake which we have made with your order.
6. While we make every effort to ensure that orders are picked and packed correctly, errors can happen. In the event that we have sent the incorrect item to you, we ask that you contact us as soon as possible (preferably within 24 hours of receipt) so that we can arrange a no-quibble exchange which will be free of any charge.
7. Please check all items on delivery to ensure that the correct item has been received, that the item is not damaged and that all component parts are included. Incorrect items, incomplete items, missing items or transit damaged items should be reported to Malta Camping Gear at your earliest opportunity, not later than 48hrs of the delivery. In the event that your parcel does arrive appearing to have been damaged in transit, you are within your rights to refuse the parcel or to sign for it as damaged.
Unwanted / Unsuitable Items
You have the right to cancel an order, at any point, beginning from the day after the day the order is delivered up to 14 working days for a full monetary refund, in accordance with the Consumer Contracts Regulations (2014).
All items must be in completely unused condition, with the packaging undamaged, unsoiled and not tampered with. Please see condition point No 2, above.
Items must be securely packaged for the journey back to us. Please see condition point No 3, above.
Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations (2014), Malta Camping Gear will not be responsible for any postage costs for the return of any unwanted/unsuitable products.
Damaged or Faulty Items
Once back, the item will be checked through by our returns team.
For reasons of health, items cannot be accepted back for inspection if they arrive in a dirty or wet condition. It is important to dry any tent before packing it back up after pitching, as the damp can very quickly cause the goods to become tainted or corroded. Items delivered in this way may be rejected by us.
Items that have been damaged by misuse, overuse or negligence will not be exchanged, refunded or credited. Under these circumstances we are happy to provide an after sales service and to advise if an item can be be repaired, but any such repairs or replacements are at the customer's expense. No repairs will be undertaken without the specific consent of the customer.
Once a fault is confirmed with a product then a replacement item will be sent. If a replacement is not required (or available), then a notice of credit or a refund will be issued as appropriate.
Damages during Delivery
Misrepresentation of Items on our Website
As a long established and well respected online retail company, we make every effort to accurately display our stock with a photograph and clear specification details.
With so many items listed, it is possible that an error may occur. If you become aware that there is a possible error please notify us as soon as possible, and we will investigate the problem and make any adjustments as necessary immediately or remove the listing from our site.Once we are aware of any errors we will review the information and deal with this as promptly as possible.
We apologise if we do inadvertently make an error in the information listed, and for any inconvenience that it may cause.
Our Returns Policy does not affect your statutory rights.